This is the home page for terminology content on the openEHR wiki. Most content is contained in child pages. The conceptual structure of this content space corresponds to thinking around terminology as it relates to
- archetypes & templates, including:
- binding: synchronisation of the 'information model' (archetypes) and terminology representation (post-cordination) of complex concepts
- design: using terminology as a basis for building better archetypes
- ref sets: intentional reference sets - design, use, management, governance
- querying the EHR, including:
- where terminology is not mandatory to perform safe querying
- terminology-based querying, including inferencing operators
- terminology representation:
- the SNOMED CT system
- other major representational systems, including LOINC
- Strategies for translation based on ref sets and other bindings.
Note that 'terminology' is assumed to refer to any structured terminology, including ICDx, ICPCx, SNOMED CT, LOINC, and locally defined terminologies.